Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Rain, The Park and Other Things

This song is deleriously loopy in the original from the sound effects at the beginning to the harp fuelled breaks where they catch their breath - it is a delight. The Cowsills share this heady atmosphere with the Mamas and the Papas and Spanky and our Gang but rarely was it put together so beautifully. On the other hand I suspect that anyone, who when asked how they are, says anything more than two "happys" is probably manic.








This is a song that I would love the Polyphonic Spree to tackle. Coming from a completely different tack, my version is much more aggressive and silly! It also shows I don't believe in pitch correction - alas I can't sing in tune either. Click on the title above if you dare.

3 comments:

Eleanor said...

I like your bouncier version better...the original is too Beatle-y for me.

Geoff said...

I would dispute there is such a thing as too Beatle-y but thank you for the compliment. I am gratuitously over using the "Urban Groove" rhythms in Band in a Box, probably because they don't get a work out at mass.

The Cowsills were probably trying to sound like the Mamas and the Papas and the Beatles. They were a real family too and were the inspiration for "The Partridge Family"... ask your mother.

Eleanor said...

Oh well. I shall refrain from telling you my opinion of the Beatles. (I did 60s music last year for school).