Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sunshine Superman

This is probably Donovan's finest moment.



Incidentally, I originally decided to start recording these things to get the hang of the improvements to BIAB and particularly to get over the learning curve with my little recorder. As someone who used to achieve flanging by using two reel to reels and putting my finger on the flange of the reel while rerecording the same track sequentially, it is a novelty to just be given the option of several flanging effects. You can hear it on this track, but I did resort to some cuzzoo noises to dirty things up a bit plus lots of guitar on top of the BIAB as well.

The plan was to write some songs that would be worth recording - hasn't happened. So I'll keep mucking around with the old songs. I should find a recent song worthy of desecration - I take requests!

No comments: