Sunday, June 15, 2008

Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes

Click on the title to hear my cover.


This song is the Citizen Kane of bubblegum. Written for a studio group, when it hit big the band, Edison Lighthouse, had to be created.

It was covered with no commercial success at all by the Reels who did achieve commercial success with their cover of Bad Moon Rising. Perhaps Dave Mason's melancholic voice, which suited their despondent cover of the CCR song, just was not convincing on their poppier than pop version of Love Grows.





The original version is just great.





My version shows off the real instruments on BIAB when I let a solo saxophone noodle along for ages at the end. It seemed to be having such a good time I couldn't bring myself to lop it off. Note the key change was left in - wow.

No comments: